• Report: #520079

• Updated: Thu, November 05, 2009

• Reported By: Marci — Rockville Maryland United States of America
Magazine Service Center

Magazine Service Center Cheats the Consumer Internet

Last October, my Delta frequent flyer miles were about to expire.  In order to keep them active, I took advantage of one of their offers to purchase magazines with miles.  Apparently, these magazines were purchased through a company called "Magazine Service Center".  Although I enjoyed all these magazines, I would not have purchased a subscription to them had I not been forced to use some of my Delta miles to keep my unused miles from expiring.

Two days ago, Magazine Service Center charged my checking account a total of $108 dollars to renew these magazines.  They did not send me ANY kind of notice to get authorization or even informing me these magazines were approaching the end of the subscription and would be renewed.  I called immediately to have the subscriptions cancelled and to ask them to refund my money.  They did cancel the subscriptions and issued a PARTIAL refund.  Apparently, the exact same day they charged my account, they sent out a monthly issue of these magazines, so the woman on the phone (who was MUCH less than helpful) said I had already partially used some of the renewed subscription.

In my opinion, it is FRAUD to charge someone without authorizing or informing them of a charge.  In addition, the company obviously is out to make a buck rather than keep the customer happy.  If they wanted to keep the customer happy, they would inform them of the upcoming renewal and charge the renewal BEFORE starting the next year's subscription.  This company is unethical in its business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2009 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Service-Center/internet/Magazine-Service-Center-Cheats-the-Consumer-Internet-520079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Service Center