Complaint Review: Magazine Services Of America

• Submitted: Wed, August 24, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 24, 2005

• Reported By:Arlington South Dakota
Magazine Services Of America
7378 W. Atlantic Blvd #222 Margate, Florida U.S.A.

Magazine Services Of America Ripoff Unauthorized charges, renewals, & OUTRIGHT LIES Margate Florida

I've been fighting with this company for over a year now. They consistently call me and offer a "discount" on my subscriptions, well, the "discount" is really a renewal on all existing subscriptions, which I was charged for ($19.02) in addition to the $34.38 or so I was already paying. In other words, you pay twice to receive the same magazines you've already been getting. Never mind the fact that every time they call, when I question exactly what I'm being offered, they say whatever I want to hear until they start recording my verification information, and then suddenly all the terms of the offer change.

I've called and complained and gotten nowhere. The first person I spoke with hurriedly passed me off on a "supervisor" as soon as I told her what I was calling about. This "supervisor" said all the things I wanted to hear, including that I would not be billed for three months and when billing started again, I would only be charged $19.02 for my existing subscriptions and all renewals would be canceled. BIG LIE. This conversation took place at the beginning of July. At the end of July, my bank statement showed a charge of $34.38. On August 17, it showed a charge of $19.02. I can only assume I'll be charged $34.38 again at the end of this month.

This is ridiculous! All I wanted were some stupid magazines, and now I have some ripoff company helping itself to my bank account whenever it feels like it. I just want to pay for the magazines I originally agreed to and then be DONE with this company. I'm sick of their lying representatives and outright thievery!

After reading the other Rip-off Reports, I'll be going to my bank to try and get a Federal Regulation E form to file a dispute, but I doubt it'll do any good; the only conversation on record is the original call where you get duped into agreeing to their "service." All the calls where I complained and demanded that this "service" stop were, of course, off the record with some sniveling representative who just wanted to get me off the phone so he/she could get their dirty fingers back into my bank account.

I think a huge class-action lawsuit is called for.

Serenity
Arlington, South Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2005 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Services-Of-America/Margate-Florida-33063/Magazine-Services-Of-America-Ripoff-Unauthorized-charges-renewals-OUTRIGHT-LIES-Margat-154881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Services Of America