rank

• Submitted: Sat, July 05, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 08, 2009

• Reported By:Anchorage Alaska
Magazine Services Of America
7378 W Atlantic Blvd Margate, Florida U.S.A.

Magazine Services Of America, There Is Hope! UCC statute is on OUR side. Margate Florida

*Consumer Comment: Thank You So Much

*Author of original report: Success!

Like many of you, I was cold-called by this fraudulent "company", and was suckered in to their spiel.
Likewise, I too have spent frustrating hours on the phone with their unhelpful representatives, and have been threatened with lawsuits and collection agencies.

All of this, they claim, is justified by a "verbal contract" that I supposedly entered into when I agreed for the subscriptions.

However.

Uniform Commercial Code Article 2 -2-201 states that in business-contracts dealing with goods valued at $500 or more, a physical contract with written consent from at least the accused party (that's us) is required for the contract to be recognized as legally binding.

Fight back!

Zenblend
Anchorage, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2008 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Services-Of-America/Margate-Florida-33063/Magazine-Services-Of-America-There-Is-Hope-UCC-statute-is-on-OUR-side-Margate-Florida-347833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Services Of America

AUTHOR: Brandon - (U.S.A.)

This happen to me as well and was about to change my checking account, but I ran across your advice. Give them a call they said I enter into a verbal agreement and couldn't cancel unless I paid it out so I ask how much the contract was she ( Jean is who I talked to) said about $1100 so I said that's weird because verbal agreements only go up to $500 than she was quite for a little while than she said she would cancel my account with no more charges but I couldn't get my money back from the first month. To me that's fine because I just didn't want to be charged every month for $57 dollars. Everyone please if this happen to you follow the info up top.

P.S. I think I will change my checking account just to make sure, because you just never know.

Success!

AUTHOR: Zenblend - (U.S.A.)

I got a notice in the email today, and it looks like it's the first of such letters they've ever written!

They have canceled my account and "hope for my business in the future".

As if, MSA; as if...