Complaint Review: Magazine Services Of America

• Submitted: Fri, November 30, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, November 30, 2007

• Reported By:Elizabeth Pennsylvania
Magazine Services Of America
7378 W. Atlantic BLVD #222 Margate, Florida U.S.A.

Magazine Services Of America canceled 2 times but they never cancelled it and now they refuse to cancel the subscription. Margate Florida

A couple months ago, my boyfriend signed up for some magazines. Let me start first by saying that he wasn't even sure at the time what it was he signed up for. When the papers came in saying we signed up for Magazines, he immediatly called the number and cancelled the subscription. The person he spoke with said they would credit the first payment back (yes, they already took money out before he even recieved confirmation) and would cancel the subscription, the representative gave my boyfriend a cancellation number which he took down. 2 months later (today) we realized someone took 95.00 out of my boyfriends account without authorization. He immediatly went to the bank, but the bank couldn't tell him who took the money. just that it was a direct withdrawl from the debit card. The ONLY thing he's put on debit is these stupid magazines so he called them. They said they didn't take out the money but that his account was still open and they would be taking out paments starting December 1st (tomorrow).

He told them that was wrong that he already cancelled this, so she wanted his confirmation number. well guess what? Its been 2 months who knows where he wrote that number. So he didn't have the number and the lady refused to cancel his account. Still refuses to cancel the account without his old confirmation number. What the heck is this? We don't even want the money back we just want them to stop taking money out and they won't. I know they did this on purpose fully expecting that by the time we realized we were still being billed, that we wouln't have that number anymore.

So I went online to see about this company cuz it just didn't sit right with me (I mean what company doesn't let you cancel for 5 years. YES. she said she wouldn't stop billing us for 5 years) and I found all these reports about people being scammed in Florida.

well Im in Pennsylvania and I believe they have a new scam now and we have fallen for it. My boyfriend is changing his account tomorrow, thanks to all you who have written about this company.

Jen420
Elizabeth, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2007 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Services-Of-America/Margate-Florida-33063/Magazine-Services-Of-America-canceled-2-times-but-they-never-cancelled-it-and-now-they-ref-288102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Services Of America