- Report: #343788
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Magazine Services Of America
Magazine Services Of AmericaMergate, Florida U.S.A.
Magazine Services Of America Scam! Mergate Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Okay now here's the kicker. a month into it and I still haven't received anything at all from these people. Then at the start of the 2nd month I receive a magazine from US weekly and Maxim so it was really weird. another month on the 2nd month I decide to check how much balance I have left in my account and to my surprise I was billed yet again! Even though it was clearly stated that I would be billed only once for my 6 month subscription.
This was the last straw, I called my bank and after a very long process of them telling me I cannot dispute it I tell them to contact the service and cancel my subscription since I could not. Reason why I could not is because
1. they never sent me a contract so I have no contact information of theirs!
2. The phone number they gave me was fake! so was the web site address! I only found their telephone number from the billing information that my bank provided and I called them up only to be faced by an automated system that sounds mysteriously exactly like that girl that called me 3 months back. Anyway they put me on hold for about an hour until the line mysteriously shuts off at exactly 5pm eastern time. Now I don't know if it's a coincidence but who stops working at exactly 5 pm? Most people get off work maybe 5 or 10 minutes before they are supposed to or finish up their work. But at exactly 5 pm? did they hang up on the people they were talking to if there was anyone at all.
So today I got a call from them and I said it was impossible for me to miss a payment since I had already had my bank cancel my subscription and I have a letter from my bank to prove it. But they said the bank can't do that and they never received a call from my bank and also that I was past my cancelation date. For real!? There's such a thing as past your cancelation date!? Now I'm no expert on the law but I have never heard of a subscription service that won't make you cancel your subscription.
Long story short I told them to bugger off and I would contact my bank for details and they said that I haven't heard the last from them.
These guys are scam artists!
Los Angeles, California
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2008 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Services-Of-America/Mergate-Florida-33063/Magazine-Services-Of-America-Scam-Mergate-Florida-343788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.