Complaint Review: Magazine Services of America

• Reported By: Jason — Colfax Washington United States of America
Magazine Services of America
7378 W. Atlantic Blvd. #222 Tamarac, Florida United States of America

Magazine Services of America Fleecing people with real jobs Tamarac, Florida

In 2009 I received a call from Magazine Services of America asking me if I would like to sign up for a year's subscription of 6 magazines.  I agreed to this and gave them my bank account number for easy billing.  They would call and ask if the magazines I had requested were arriving and they were.

When the year was nearly over with they called again and asked if I would like to make any changes to my ordering list.  I said no and that I would like to cancel.  They said they could not do that.

I called the 1-800 number on my bank statement and asked to cancel.  They said fine but they had already ordered magazines.  I was angry but I understood and thanked them for cancelling.  But they hadn't.

By the time 2011 rolled around I had paid over a thousand dollars for a "year" subscription. I was also receiving "bonus" magazines which had nothing to do with the types of magazines I had originally ordered. I had my bank block them from my account.  They have sent me a bill for another 1200 dollars which I am refusing to pay.  They have called me at home and at work.

The last time I talked to them I asked for a written and signed contract stating that I had agreed to pay for all of these.  I have yet to receive anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2011 11:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Services-of-America/Tamarac-Florida-33320/Magazine-Services-of-America-Fleecing-people-with-real-jobs-Tamarac-Florida-703551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Services of America