Complaint Review: MagazineCo.

• Submitted: Thu, November 15, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: customer007 — Trenton New Jersey United States of America
MagazineCo.

MagazineCo. "Online Comcast" phone number :1888-873-1796 Fast talkers with a full intention to rip you off! Internet

I was trying to pay my bill to Comcast and quickly searched for a phone number on Google. I picked the first phone number that popped up in the results and didn't pay attention to small details like : Online Comcast...since when did they call themselves that? The automated message mentioned about the $100 gift card and I took the bait. I spoke to an individual named James on the phone, he outright advertised the deal without hesitation.

I should have realized something fishy was going on when they began requesting for my address information that should have been on file in my account. And then his mouth ran faster than the indy 500 when it came to the billing information, I didn't even know I was purchasing magazines until I checked my account information! After he got all he needed, the jerk put me on hold for 15 minutes and hung up!

I realized what happened and immediately did fraud security on my account and called them back to cut the weed before the roots got too deep. I also reminded them that I would seek a lawyer if any other charges were made to my account.

They were a pain to deal with but luckily I took care of it same day. Moral is: pay attention and stay alert, or else have your time and money wasted for a nonexistent $100 gift card and three "great" magazines.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MagazineCo/internet/MagazineCo-Online-Comcast-phone-number-1888-873-1796-Fast-talkers-with-a-full-intenti-969753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MagazineCo.