• Report: #1081940

Magic Bumper Repair
3140 Polaris, Las vegas , Nevada USA

Magic Bumper Repair Faulty repair Las vegas Nevada

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Magic Bumper Repair

I recently damaged by Urethane Corvette Bumper Cover and sought out business that could repair it. Magic Bumper was contacted and the owner told me he could fix it as good as new. On October 2 2013, I removed the cover and took it to him. A couple hours later I picked it up and took it home. After close inspection I noticed that the repair was improperly lined up and return to the business. The owner indicated that it was good enough and I again returned home. While handling the bumper the mend broke and I got a good look at the broken repair. Bumper Magic used a SEM product to make the repair. I contacted SEM and they indicated it was the wrong repair product and was not used properly. The repair was only done on the front of the bumper and no backing was used. The product hadn't even stuck to the back of the bumper and my friend and I peeled it off with our finger nail. SEM instructed me on the proper repair. I secured the proper SEM product, cleaned the ineffective repair and lined it up perfectly, stapled and used the backing  recommended by SEM. I contacted Magic Bumper and asked for a return of my money. He has yet to contact me and it has been several weeks.

The work performed was done poorly and ineffective without regard to product installation instructions  and it is clear that this business cannot or will not properly repair a Urethane bumper.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2013 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Bumper-Repair/Las-vegas-Nevada-89102/Magic-Bumper-Repair-Faulty-repair-Las-vegas-Nevada-1081940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Bumper Repair

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Magic Bumper Repair

AUTHOR: Michael Flores - ()

I did the work requested, customer paid a discounted price per the special I was running,  was very happy and signed all the disclaimers regarding the work I completed.  Customer returned with product redone by his friend, and he was requesting a refund of my work because he had the work redone by someone else.  The work was quality and obviously pleased the customer enough to pay the price of the work that I did.  I feel the customer wanted his money back because his friend did the work for him for a lower cost, if any cost.  However, I did the work, and customer was happy.  This is not a valid complaint.