Complaint Review: Magic Hand Beads

• Updated: Fri, March 15, 2013

• Reported By: laura — lakeview Alaska
Magic Hand Beads

Magic Hand Beads Patricia Behnk fradulant check/scam , Internet

*Author of original report: Magic Hand Beads (online business) fake site, fake checks/fraudulant checks, scam!

I was sent a check to do a modeling job.  I was told everything would be paid for and nothing was coming out of my pocket.  I had instructions (i kept all emails) to deposit the check then wire to NY for clothing and accessories.

Once that was completed, I received an email from my bank stating the account number on the check in incorrect.  I had a hold on my account and a day later the check was sent back.

Since the check was deposited and wired, the bank had to clear out my account in order to get their money back. The money that was in  my account was for my wedding in two months.

I have kept all emails with names and info..and the wire information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2013 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Hand-Beads/internet/Magic-Hand-Beads-Patricia-Behnk-fradulant-checkscam-Internet-1034896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Hand Beads

AUTHOR: redhead - ()

Online Business

I was sent a check to do a modeling job for $1920.  I was to keep half of my payment which was $300.  Then i was to wire $1620 to a person in NY for clothing and accessories.  The rest of the money was the stuido fee i would give to the supervisor day of the shoot.  Approximately a week later there was a hold on my bank account.  A day or two later i found out that the check was being sent back.  The bank told me it was either insufficient funds or an incorrect account number.

Because the check was cashed, the bank had to get its money back so they cleaned out my account.  I have tried several times to contact "the supervisor" and Patricia.  No one has returned my calls.  I have kept the text message along with all emails and a copy of the wire that was done.  I never thought anything like this could happen since i always do extensive research on people i work with in the modeling industry.

This is just a summary of what happened.  Full details in emails that i have saved.  It took me a long time to save the money im my account.  That money was for my wedding in two months.