Complaint Review: Magic Jack LP

• Updated: Mon, January 02, 2012

• Reported By: Cynthia — Hazel Crest Illinois United States of America
Magic Jack LP
5700 Georgia Ave West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

Magic Jack LP Magic Jack, www.magicjack.com They need to change their billing practices and customer service West Palm Beach, Florida

Magic Jack may be a great bargain for some but their billing tactics are nothing short of theft. I tried to reacivate my account and they charged me for a vanity number even though it was the original number their system assigned me. Since I did not have the option of deselecting the charge I reactivated my account thinking I could contact the company immediately to resolve the problem.

Much to my chagrin not only was I not able to get the refund I was told I had the option of paying a 1 time fee of $10 to change the number or I could keep the vanity number and pay an additional $10.84 per year.

This has been going on since Dec 19, 2011 and despite 4 chats with their live customer service and about 10 emails and several phone calls ( it was pure accident that I got the number, they will not give it to you during a live chat) and despite the fact that I told them I had disputed the charge with my bank, had filed a complaint with the BBB in West Palm Beach, FL, was planning to file a complaint with the FTC and was sending back the new Magic Jack Plus that I had sent for to give my son-in-law they would not budge.

This is in spite of the fact that the last customer service rep I chatted with acknowledged that I still had the original number THEY assigned me and I am entitled to 1 free number change and have never had one.

Additionally if I pay $10 for a number change they will not refund the $10 they originally charged me for the vanity number that was not a vanity number when they issued it to me.

They have had numerous complaints about the billing and unless we make them suffer some consequences for their poor business practices I am sure they won't make any changes. Their billing practice is just one of the complaints that have been filed against them. ----------------

Sincerely, farry2

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2012 09:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Jack-LP/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33405/Magic-Jack-LP-Magic-Jack-wwwmagicjackcom-They-need-to-change-their-billing-practices-an-817043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Jack LP