Complaint Review: Magic Jack USA

• Reported By: Yank — Florence Kentucky United States of America
Magic Jack USA
5700 Georgia Ave. West Palm Beach,, Florida United States of America

Magic Jack USA YMAX CORP. False Advertising? West Palm Beach,, Florida

I purchased a MagicJack and a MagicJack Plus last January. On the package and in the enclosed literature, the yearly renewal rate was $19.95 a year. Now that it's renewal time, the price jumped to $29.95 annually. I contacted them through their websites "Chat with a representative now" option and came away extremely disappointed. The rep I was connected to, "Mike", pretty much told me to pound salt because they changed their policy last year and there wasn't anything I could do about it. I'm not a lawyer but It seems to me MagicJack has perpetrated fraud against consumers. I have found similar complaints to this one online. I'm not disappointed in the service but I am disappointed in the way they screw the public. And just F Y I, although they have an address in Florida, their main corporate address is 60 Medinat Hayehudim Street P.O. Box 4041, Herzliya, 46140 Israel. I'll be filing a complaint with Attorney General and advise anyone who has been ripped off by this company to do the same.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Jack-USA/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33405/Magic-Jack-USA-YMAX-CORP-False-Advertising-West-Palm-Beach-Florida-1007014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Jack USA