Complaint Review: Magic Jack

• Updated: Mon, July 09, 2012

• Reported By: mmar — Poulsbo Washington United States of America
Magic Jack
PO BOX 6846 West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

Magic Jack Paying for services, doesn't mean you get serivce West Palm Beach, Florida

I paid for the phone for 6 years.  I used the phone as my business phone number to keep the sales people with their SEO services from hogging my time.   I use the phone any time I fill out a form on the web.  It's in my correspondance.  On my business stationary and website.  On my internet listings.  etc.    They keep shutting my phone off without notifiying me.  This has happened maybe 5 times in the past 4 years.

This time, I didn't notice it right away, and they removed the phone number so that I can't get, the phone number I subscribed to back.  The only thing they can help me to is give me instructions on getting a new phone number.  That is not good enough.  When a person pays for phone, they should be able to get service w/o getting it cut off.

My requests of the "represenatative, Tamara" to get the name of the president went unanswered 4 (or more) times.  She hung up on me saying that I wasn't doing what she requested.  Meanwhile, my registery was cleaned out, I uploaded new software, removed the software from my system and did everything else she asked.  I got hung up on because she didn't want to give me the name of the president (a name I now have).

The 2nd rep, Mae, was no help either.  She also wouldn't give me the name, so I did a few searches found it and it took her a while to confirm the name.  Finally, after 1 hour of dealing with these people, I got a screen on my system to set up registration. I said to Mae, I'm already registered with a password, etc.  She said that I'd have to get a new phone number.

I was livid!!!!  I am more than livid.  I let her know what I thought of the company and their lack of service.  Not in a great way, but I'd had it.

It took someone 5 years to tell me that their TOS says that they can shut down my phone if it's not used in 90 days.  But here is the thing.  It has been used.  I get emailed phone calls via their voicemail system.

I don't care what their TOS says now, I paid for the service, and they should not be allowed to shut down a phone that is paid for until 2014.  I mean, when you pay for service in advance, you deserve to get that service until your contract is over.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2012 05:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Jack/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33405/Magic-Jack-Paying-for-services-doesnt-mean-you-get-serivce-West-Palm-Beach-Florida-908735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Jack