Complaint Review: Magic Jack

• Reported By: LindaH — California United States of America
Magic Jack
P O Box 6848 Internet United States of America

Magic Jack False advertising Internet

First of all Magic Jack says free local and long distance calls. This is not completely true,. When trying to phone my husband's doctor (23 miles away) we were told this is a conference call???? and we needed to pay for it. Contacted them via chat, but to no avail. They state it is in their terms of service. So - false advertising.

Then I decided to end my 30 day trial. They had already charged me even tho the 30 days was not up. Then they wanted ANOTHER fee to port phone back - $31.00.

I will be reporting them to BBB and ask my credit card company to reverse the charges. Unsure what will happen there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2012 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Jack/internet/Magic-Jack-False-advertising-Internet-975587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Jack