Complaint Review: Magic Jack

• Submitted: Fri, September 28, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, September 28, 2012

• Reported By: Jerry — Trinity North Carolina United States of America
Magic Jack

Magic Jack Lied about being able to make local calls free- they want a fee now , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Their Terms of Service state that any additional charges to Magic Jack...

Bought Magic jack in july 2012 - bought the plus option and is suppose to have free local and long distance calling for 1 year. Had service for 2 months everything worked fine then one day 5 days ago not able to make any more calls local not even to next door neighbour or anyone where I live at . Contacted magic jack and they said I was listed in a high cost area and had to now buy minutes to call local . I argued with at least 7 different CS agents about this but all said the same  thing. I requested a list of what areas are a high cost area and was told I couldn't get one , no customer has one or CS agent or any other carrier . I asked then how are we to know if we are getting ripped off . Answer was if you make a call and get a recorded message then you know it is a high cost area. As far as I'm concerned after this contract is up then it will not be renewed. I'll be filing complaints everywhere I can about this . And I suggest others do the same and see if we can put a hurting to magic-jack and they way they do business. If I could afford to sue them I would ..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Jack/internet/Magic-Jack-Lied-about-being-able-to-make-local-calls-free-they-want-a-fee-now-Internet-948101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Jack

Their Terms of Service state that any additional charges to Magic Jack...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

will require, among other things, additional charges to the customer for these services,

Sorry you're disappointed.

I haven't tried them as all my LD calling is 5 cents/minute and very manageable.