Complaint Review: Magic Jack

• Submitted: Wed, June 27, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, June 27, 2012

• Reported By: Design Guy — Missouri United States of America
Magic Jack

Magic Jack Magic Jack Plus Still needs Router - was told I would get free but did not, Internet

*Consumer Comment: I got ripped off too

Two MAJOR issues

1 - I was sent an email that I would be able to upgrade from Magic Jack to Magic Jack Plus FREE.

I was charged over $69. I complained and was told they would get back to me.. THEY DID NOT.What a fraud.

2 - All the commercials show Magic Jack Plus as working without a computer.  It shows ONLY plugging the MJ+ into a wall outlet and a phone into it.  BUT.  IT REQUIRES a modem or router that is never shown or talked about on TV or internet ads.

I tried to return it and the original MJ and was told I would be sent information on how to get all my monies returned.  This DID NOT happen either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2012 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Jack/internet/Magic-Jack-Magic-Jack-Plus-Still-needs-Router-was-told-I-would-get-free-but-did-not-Int-903815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Jack

I got ripped off too

AUTHOR: Dropkick Murphy - (USA)

I bought a new vehicle yesterday and on the way home it ran out of fuel. The commercials for the car don't show anyone stopping at a gas station. How was I supposed to know that it needed fuel to operate? This is FRAUD, bait & switch, and I want to start a class action suit!