Complaint Review: Magic Jack

• Submitted: Tue, September 07, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, September 07, 2010

• Reported By: Cj — Brown Deer Wisconsin Virgin Islands (US)
Magic Jack

Magic Jack Magic Jack - Rip Off, or worth $20 Internet

Magic Jack is $20 a year, it is only worth that. I bought it and after 3 months, having troubles with it. There is no phone number to talk to a human, only online chat. Some of the complaints I read I have not had troubles with. Calling a number then having to enter a code in worked fine. My Mac is on a battery back up and always stays on, no problem there. Never had to dial 911, so no comment there. BUT to get some one to help you with problems is at best - POOR. When they can not resolve an issue, they have you chat with a "Top 10% tech" that is almost as clueless. My Mac is now messed up from all the setting changes they had me make, and to mess up a Mac is not easy. But, it was only $20, and I guess that is what I got, was $20 worth of electronic junk. If you decide to purchase one, remember, you only get what you pay for. And as for putting in an a PC, I tried and removed it. It dogged down the system to the point that I removed it. On the other hand, I ran it on my Mac, there was no issues or conflicts. I believe my issue is in the product, not in my settings, but they do not want to admit it. SO, good luck with this great idea, just poor quality electronic device and lack of support.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2010 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Jack/internet/Magic-Jack-Magic-Jack-Rip-Off-or-worth-20-Internet-638326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Jack