Complaint Review: Magic Jack

• Reported By: Tamarob — Valdosta Georgia USA
Magic Jack

Magic Jack Magic Jack is Worthless Internet

*Author of original report: Update

I bought Magic Jack to reduce my home phone bill. I signed up for the 30-day trial period, but after 15 days Magic Jack charged my credit card.When I went to call customer service, I found out that there isn't one, or at least not a number for one. I couldn't find a number on their website or on the product.

That brings me to the use of Magic Jack, which is worthless. If your computer is off, your phone is off. If your computer goes into sleep mode, your phone is off, so you would have to make sure your computer was on to recieve every call.

That is if you can get the Magic Jack connected, which is a pain if you are not great with electronic set-ups. You could always call tech support, if the company had one, or had the number listed.

I am in the midst of getting a refund because I am technically within my 30 days, even though they charged my card already. I'll update whether or not I am issued a refund. In the meantime, when you see the Magic Jack infomercial, and think to yourself "that is so cool," remember it is not. Magic Jack is worthless.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2011 07:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Jack/internet/Magic-Jack-Magic-Jack-is-Worthless-Internet-678380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Jack

Update

AUTHOR: Tamarob - (USA)

I did recieve my refund and I ended up getting phone service from Comcast since I already have their cable and internet. They gave me a great deal.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC