- Report: #934520
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Magic Jack
Magic JackInternet United States of America
Magic Jack Magic Jack phone service On 8/28/12 my MJ service was cancelled; MJ rep said I had violated the TOS by making 20 times the av MJ user number of calls. No refund. I had purchased 5 add years in 5/2012. I did not have the MJplus. Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
"If magicJack, LP and/or magicJack VocalTec Ltd., and/or YMax Communications Corporation sees excessive use, including but not limited to, a customer whose usage is twenty (20) times more than the average magicJack and/or magicJack Plus device or magicJack APP customer usage, or a customer who calls more than 50 different telephone numbers per day, or a customer who forwards calls from their magicJack and/or magicJack PLUS device and/or magicJack APP to a non-magicJack number for longer than a two week consecutive period, or systematic or intentional misuse, it reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your use of the magicJack and/or magicJack Plus device and/or Software and/or magicJack APP immediately, and you will not be entitled to get a refund of any licensing fee or any other fee you may have paid to us."
Questions I asked the magic jack rep.
1. What is the average magic jack customers usage? The rep had no answer.
2. Who makes 50 calls in a day? I would be on the phone all day long if I made 50 calls a day and believe me I have never made that many calls in a day. Absolutely absurd! I thought he was making it up at first until he sent me the link. As anyone who has a magic jack knows, the calls you make show in your list of calls. As I explained to the customer service rep, I have never made 50 calls in a day. Did not do a bit of good. My 5 years of service was terminated and I did not receive any refund.
I dont know what is up with magic jack but I am sure there are several of us that this has happened to.
If this has happened to you please file a complaint. Maybe if enough of us complain something can be done to expose this company or maybe a class action law suit can be brought against them.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Jack/internet/Magic-Jack-Magic-Jack-phone-service-On-82812-my-MJ-service-was-cancelled-MJ-rep-said-I-934520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.