Complaint Review: Magic Jack

• Updated: Thu, December 13, 2012

• Reported By: Linda C — Brookings Oregon United States of America
Magic Jack

Magic Jack What a ripoff operation! Internet

*Consumer Comment: No internet connection, really???

I am throughly disgusted with this product.  I have used my Magic Jack Plus for only two months and it's acting up and cutting off all telephone service.  I keep getting a message when I try to dial out telling me to check my internet connections.  There is nothing wrong with my internet connections.  And why would that be the problem when you don't need the internet supposedly with the Magic Jack Plus.  I tried to go on line for customer support and the website just sat on the timer for over a half hour and I quit trying to get through to them.  There is no phone numbers to call them and I'm just flat fed up.  I signed up for two years and all that money is now down the tubes.  I'm going back to a regular land line that I can depend on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2012 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Jack/internet/Magic-Jack-What-a-ripoff-operation-Internet-981597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Jack

No internet connection, really???

AUTHOR: CaseyW - (United States of America)

You say, in regards to them asking you to check your internet connection:

"And why would that be the problem when you don't need the internet supposedly with the Magic Jack Plus."

Nowhere does Magic jack say that you don't need an internet connection, they say you dont need a PC with Magic jack Plus. Of course you need an internet connection, how the heck is it supposed to work without one? This is a VOIP service, it has to work over the internet!