• Report: #872058

• Updated: Sun, April 22, 2012

• Reported By: ameede — windermere Florida United States of America
Magic Jack

Magic Jack magicJack.com Bait and Switch and False Advertisment Internet

I had purchased this magicJack Plus unit at Best Buy here in Orlando, Florida. We bought it because the packaging clearly states "Free Your Own Phone Number" and Free International Calling", neither features were free. I was charged $10 to keep my old phone number, and when my wife tried to call Italy the telephone companies recorded message stated that the call could not be completed because we did not have a paid service for international calling. I'm really surprised that this company is allowed to do this, magicJack is not a new company, they have been around for a number of years now and still the various state attorney offices and even the Federal Trade Commission still allows this to go on? I guess until such things affect our congressman and senators personally, nothing will get done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2012 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Jack/internet/Magic-Jack-magicJackcom-Bait-and-Switch-and-False-Advertisment-Internet-872058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Jack