Complaint Review: Magic Jack

• Reported By:LaGrange Illinois
Magic Jack
Nationwide U.S.A.

Magic Jack Not so Magic, Jack! Florida Nationwide

Magic Jack says it's so easy to install, a grandmother can do it. I'm not a grandmother, and I couldn't install it. They claim you only need to connect the Magic Jack to the USB port in your computer. Well, I tried and it doesn't fit because the USB ports are already being used, and the one that's open doesn't fit the Magic Jack connector.

I tried to call but as others have noted, there's no phone number. I just looked on the packaging for an address (the packaging LOOKS legit, but don't judge a bood by its cover), and there is no address, just the web site information at what else, www.MagicJack.com. When I went on the website last night for help and clicked on to talk to a live person, no one came on my computer.

I'm sick that I didn't ask my daughter about this before I bought it - she's the one that immediately found the Rip-Off Report and forwarded it to me and I'm reading about all the same problems I've had with this product. I called my bank to get protection from future withdrawals on my account. They are changing my card.

What a despicable company or person to do this to people using the ruse that they are helping them to save money in this terrible economy! Thanks, Magic Jack, I just "donated" $50 bucks to your evil endeavor - may you burn in hell. You will get yours, and I hope I get to see it.

Rita
LaGrange, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2008 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Jack/nationwide/Magic-Jack-Not-so-Magic-Jack-Florida-Nationwide-343811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Jack