Complaint Review: Magic Jack

• Updated: Thu, July 25, 2013

• Reported By: John — Bath Pennsylvania
Magic Jack
222 Lakeview Ave Suite 1550 west Palm Beach, Florida USA

Magic Jack They will take your money and keep it even after returning the product West Palm Beach Florida

I have used the MagicJack for about 1 year.  My service is paid through 01/01/2019.  I received an email about an improved MagicJack the quallity of the one I have was marginal but you get what you pay for. I took the new device on a trial basis. In order to use it I had to transfer my existing unit to the new device per the instructions of the highest level of the chat customer service. I did as directed.  The new device quality was worse than the unit I replaced.  I returned the device.  After two hours of support chat I was told they would email me about reconecting.  I never received that e mail.  I waited a week to verify they received the returned unit.  USPS tracking verified delivery.  I again spent nearly 4 hours on support chat being moved to 3 diferent service reps.  I was told they would research my problem and email me.  I received the email today stating I could not have my old device reactivated nor have a refund of the service I have prepaid.

I would hope that an attorney could find enough cases of people being taken in this scam to bring a class action suit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Jack/west-Palm-Beach-Florida-33401/Magic-Jack-They-will-take-your-money-and-keep-it-even-after-returning-the-product-West-Pa-1070120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Jack