Complaint Review: Magic Mesh as seen on TV (online)

• Submitted: Thu, March 22, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, March 22, 2012

• Reported By: Susan — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
Magic Mesh as seen on TV (online)
Wallingford, Connecticut United States of America

Magic Mesh as seen on TV (online) The Original Online Ad Was for $14.95 + s/h. Buy One Get One Free. HA! They Charged Me $71.70! Wallingford, Connecticut

I saw an ad on TV hawking an item called, "Magic Mesh". This thing hangs from the door  by Velcro tape evidently. The two sheets of meshing curtains cling together in the middle with plastic claspers that snap together in the center by virtue of magnetic strips inside the plastic  strips. The magnetic pull in these strips cause them to cling together and thus close the two curtains together.

The purpose of this product is to allow a nice, cool breeze inside your house without the bother of insects entering into the home. It easily allows for pets to enter in and out minus flying pests. With the magnetic snaps, you need not close the mesh curtains....they come together naturally. It looks great!

I went online to place my order. I happen to stumble onto the same product website only it was competing  with the advertised price of $19.95....offering the same product for only $14.95. The deal was the same on either website whereby if you buy ONE Magic Mesh, you automatically get a SECOND Magic Mesh free.

The only thing you need to know is that shipping and handling costs are attached to both the paid and free Magic Mesh products. So, if I pay my $14.95 + Free = $14.95 plus $7.95 and $7.95 total. That adds up to $30.95.

They debited my checking account $71.70. That's a WHOLE lot more than expected. When I called their customer service people to explain what happened, I no sooner mentioned what they charged me than  they simply hung up the phone. That's that.

What more can I say? I called my bank and disputed the charge and had the amount credited BACK to my checking account. I received the package from Magic Mesh shortly afterwards. I sent it back via UPS and notified my bank's "Dispute Dept." and gave them the UPS tracking number and date sent and that closes that out. I proved to them the product was refused and returned.

Now, it cost me $13 bucks to send it back but it's better than them ripping me off. Oh, and I also changed my Debit card. It has a new number now. I won't be doing business with those people again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2012 11:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Mesh-as-seen-on-TV-online/Wallingford-Connecticut-06494/Magic-Mesh-as-seen-on-TV-online-The-Original-Online-Ad-Was-for-1495-sh-Buy-One-Ge-858155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Mesh as seen on TV (online)