Complaint Review: Magic Mesh

• Updated: Thu, June 30, 2011

• Reported By: Kim — Modesto California USA
Magic Mesh

Magic Mesh deceptive advertising Internet

Per the advertisement on television one could purchase the Magic Mesh screen door for 19.95 and get a second one free. This consists of two mesh panals that part and connect back together with magnets placed along the middle edge. These two panels make one mesh door.

Upon placing my online order I was offered the second screen door for an additional 7.95 shipping charge (I had already been charged this once for the first screen door ordered) so I declined the second door. They then made an offer to send me a second door for another 19.95 and I could skip the shipping charge, again I declined. I took the next offer to upgrade to a thicker mesh with a two year warranty for an additional $5.00. With my order complete and my credit card info. entered I was given my total. It came to just over $48.00.  The order for the mesh door itself was 39.90, my upgrade was an additional 10.00, my shipping was 15.90 plus tax of 2.77. I live in California and this company is in CT. I usually am not charged sales tax unless my merchandise is shipped from a California address.

I called the company for an explanation of my charges. Per Steve, the deal on television is to purchase only one panel so all charges are doubled since you need two panels for this product to even be used. Will never order from this company again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2011 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-Mesh/internet/Magic-Mesh-deceptive-advertising-Internet-747698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic Mesh