Complaint Review: Magic of Disney Art

• Updated: Fri, May 24, 2013

• Reported By: Bill F. — Lawrenceville Georgia
Magic of Disney Art
Internet United Kingdom

Magic of Disney Art UK I order a framed pictured, but they did not have it in stock. They agreed to refund, but never gave it. Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer took over a year to claim non-receipt of item

I purchased a framed picture (Disney Underground - Snow White's Corruptible Mortal State - Studio Framing in large canvas from Magic of Disney Art UK  http://www.magicofdisneyart.co.uk/ .  Total cost (including shipping) was $629.74 USd.  I did not receive the painting or a refund.  I’ve been trying to collect from this company for TWO YEARS now!

Here are the details:

I confirmed that they had the picture in stock, via email (which I have retained all correspondence).  Contact person signed her name as “Anne”.   In this email, Anne confirmed they had it in stock and she gave me instructions on how to place the order via their website. I immediately ordered the product.

I received my transaction confirmation via email, showing I had ordered the picture and for the amount listed above.

The picture did not arrive.

One month after I purchased the picture I sent an email requesting status on the order and letting Magic of Disney Art UK  http://www.magicofdisneyart.co.uk/ know I had not received it.  This is the reply I received back from Anne via email:

…“So sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Your order was shipped out 04/20 via Royal Mail Airmail. Since this piece was sold out and retired we sent it from the UK as it was part of our UK gallery stock and sold out at the publishing studio. I am opening an investigation with the Royal Mail to try and trace the location of the package and will report back as soon as I hear anything. It should have arrived with you by now. “…

The picture did not arrive.

I also never heard back from Anne again, even though I emailed a couple of times, requesting a status update. Of course, the ONLY way to communicate with Magic of Disney Art UK is via email. No phone numbers, addresses or any other method discoverable on their website.

After two additional months of no response from my emails, I finally began requesting a simple refund – but of course I never heard from them again.  I figured that Magic of Disney Art UK http://www.magicofdisneyart.co.uk/ had stolen enough sales through their website that the site would go away and they would open under a different name.  But they seem to still be operating – but just not responding to me anymore?!?

My feedback on this company is – Do NOT USE – Risk of Fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2013 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magic-of-Disney-Art/internet/Magic-of-Disney-Art-UK-I-order-a-framed-pictured-but-they-did-not-have-it-in-stock-They-1053629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magic of Disney Art

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer took over a year to claim non-receipt of item

AUTHOR: Magic of Disney Art - ()

This customer placed an order in April 2012 and did not notify us that he did not receive it until MAY 2013. Yes, this is more than ONE YEAR after the order was placed. This was too late for us to file a claim with the shipping company. We also have proof of shipment and the customer also signed for the package on delivery, so it's bizarre that he would claim he never received it over a year later, when we have evidence to the contrary. We also followed up with the customer numerous times following the placing of his order, all to no response. We have been in business since 2006 and have thousands of happy customers and positive reviews.