Complaint Review: MagicJack Plus

• Updated: Sun, February 10, 2013

• Reported By: bcraigdog — duchesne Utah United States of America
MagicJack Plus

MagicJack Plus MagicJack Plus - No Computer Required. - Wanna Bet? Internet

Although I have other issues with this magicJack PLUS I wish to stay with the fact of being blatently lied to or Internet Fraud!
This item is advertized as " No Computer Needed! "  I thought how nice that would be for my niece who is one of those people who doesn't own a computer. Yes there are people out there like her that don't own a computer yet.

After ordering and receiving the MagicJack PLUS, I noticed on the package, (also the directions) that I now had a choice, with or without a computer. Starting with  step # 1 on the package I read this:

#1. Plug the ethernet cord into the magicJack PLUS.  (plug the other end of the Ethernet cord into your modem or router.)
Huh? Did I read the wrong directions? Am I on the wrong side of this package? There are two sides, one side for use without a computer, one side for use with a computer.

#2. " Plug a phone into magicJack PLUS. "
#3. " Plug the magicJack PLUS into the power adapter ( included in this package ". )
#4  " Plug the power adapter into a power outlet. "

IMPORTANT! To recieve your own phone number,
                                                             register your magicJack PLUS - details on back.

Okay, am I ready to make a phone call? No! Why not?
Where is my free Local and Long Distance Calling?
Where is my free phone number?
Where is my free voicemail?

Oh wait, I have to register my magicJack PLUS first, before I can have any of these things? Yup. How do I do that?

" To register your magicJack PLUS: "

#1." Plug magicJack into your computer, click on "Click here to register. " "  Number One? #1.? Yes, First thing you have to do is to have a computer!

#2. " Follow the on-screen instructions to register. You will then be given the option to select your area code during this registration period."

#3. You are NOW ready to make and recieve calls with or without a computer. But you have to have a computer to get started and to make changes later down the road!

#4.  YOU HAVE BEEN LIED TO!

#5. MagicJack PLUS ?  Will not lie to me anymore, unfortunately they got my money first...........lol.........

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2012 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MagicJack-Plus/internet/MagicJack-Plus-MagicJack-Plus-No-Computer-Required-Wanna-Bet-Internet-954817. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MagicJack Plus