Complaint Review: MagicJack

• Updated: Fri, June 14, 2013

• Reported By: 4mohrs — Blue Eye Missouri
MagicJack
5700 Georgia Ave West Palm Beach, Florida USA

MagicJack Beware of billing issues and horrible customer service. West Palm Beach Florida

Their service is great until you have to deal with their rude and disrepectful customer service reps. We signed up for the 5 year plan for $100.00.  Sounds like a great deal!

We have been customers for a couple years and 2 nights ago we signed up online for the 5 year deal. They placed a $320 hold on our checking account. It was 3 pre-authorizations at $107 each.

I called my bank to see if the funds could be released. They told me I needed to contact MagicJack, which I did.

I had to call this (561) number which isn't even listed on their website. I had to google to find it. The hateful rep on the phone told me that it basically wasn't their problem and there wasn't any way they could help me today.

I asked to speak to a manager and was told "ma'am, my manager would tell you the same thing." I said well it's a weekend and it has been 2 business days since the charges were placed on the acct. She had the audacity to hang up on me!

My husband calls these people back and was told the same thing I was and they hung up on him too. Getting no where with these imbeciles  I called my bank back and explained to them what these people have done. They fixed my account with no problem and told me that there have been lots of customers who have said the customer service was horrible and they had the same problems we had been having.

Just beware: the service itself is wonderful but if you have to contact customer service be prepared to be cheated!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2013 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MagicJack/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33405/MagicJack-Beware-of-billing-issues-and-horrible-customer-service-West-Palm-Beach-Florid-1059188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MagicJack