Complaint Review: MagicJack

• Updated: Mon, June 18, 2012

• Reported By: Debi — Indianapolis Indiana United States of America
MagicJack
P.O. Box 6846 Internet United States of America

MagicJack Dan Borislow, CEO, Founder, and Inventor MagicJack Deactivated My 2014 Prepaid Account Internet

My MagicJack Plus stopped working 4 days ago. When my number is called it says the number has not been assigned to a customer. After chatting with 3 techs, each tells me that my number has been deactivated.

Why?! I ask why it is deactivated when I have paid up until 2014 and their response is my account is under review. Under review for what reason? Why was I not informed that I wouldn't have phone service? This company is a ripoff! The device works only half the time. The MagicJack Plus is somewhat better than the original. With the original I was on chat with tech support every month sometimes twice a month. I called to speak to a physical person to try to get some answers, as the tech department say they have no idea why it is under review, but I get the same run around. I want my service back now or I want my money for the device refunded as well as a refund for the prepaid years service I already paid to magicJack!!

I also wanted to change my number when I switched from the original to the MagicJack Plus but was informed it would cost me $10.00 additional for a new number, when they say you are allowed one number change for free. When I reminded used my free number change and had to pay for a new number. That was not true at all, I have had the same phone number for the 4 years I have had magicJack! This company is unscrupulous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2012 09:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MagicJack/internet/MagicJack-Dan-Borislow-CEO-Founder-and-Inventor-MagicJack-Deactivated-My-2014-Prepaid-899517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MagicJack