Complaint Review: MagicJack

• Updated: Sat, January 18, 2014

• Reported By: Wendy — Las Vegas Nevada
MagicJack
Internet USA

MagicJack Don't upgrade device if you have paid service available  Internet

I had approximately two years of paid service available when I upgraded from the original MagicJack to the MagicJack PLUS. I was told the time would be moved to the new device. It wasn't. Then when I asked I was told I would be able to use whatever time was left when the time included with the PLUS device ran out. Rather than moving the paid service over they charged me to renew. I requested to cancel the service and they cancelled the charge. They also removed the PLUS device from my account and the support contact acted like he didn't understand my request to transfer service. I requested they transfer the service again and they told me I couldn't because the PLUS unit was already registered and that I would've been able to transfer it if I had done it when I got it.

I have service available into April 2015 that I paid Magic Jack for and they will not move the service to my PLUS device. If I want to use it I have to use the old device.

I can't imagine I am the only person to have this happen and think a class action suit against Magic Jack is in order. You can't charge people for service and not give it to them.

How is it they can create and use the technology to provide internet phone service but they cannot move paid service to a device?

I am not looking to get anything free, I am wanting to use the srvice I paid for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2014 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MagicJack/internet/MagicJack-Dont-upgrade-device-if-you-have-paid-service-availablenbsp-Internet-1116687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MagicJack