telling

• Submitted: Mon, March 12, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, March 12, 2012

• Reported By: Lukeb — Big Lake Minnesota United States of America
MagicJack

MagicJack Magic Jack MajicJack False Advertising and HORRIBLE customer service an Internet, Internet

Ive been a customer of MagicJack for about three years. On March 12th, 2012 I went to renew my monthly service and they tried to charge me $29.99 instead of the $19.99. Why is this irritating? Because their web site still says $19.95/ Year!! Some spokes guy, Mel Author is on a video on there about  How its Less than $1.60/month and $19.95 a year. When I asked why they couldnt honor their Add price, they said their policies had changed. The online Rep, Ronald, was a very rude individual and when I asked for help with the reason why, all he said was I cant.

Ronald: the new rates just went up last January 20, 2012. we can't blame the advertising dept. if they haven't change the add yet.
Luke: Well....get me to someone who can do something!!!! This chat with you is going no where....and Ronald....I'll be mentioning your name in all the complaints too!!
Ronald: okay. it's all up to you.
Luke: Why be a jerk???? I'm still a customer!!!! Get me a supervisor!!!

Ronald wouldnt get me a supervisor or a supervisors name. He just stated that one is watching in.

Then he rudely ended the conversation:

Luke: You don't listen Ronald.....I want the supervisors name!!!! I'm almost done writing the complaint and I want to know who's letting you be this way to a customer!!! No solutions or answers....and I'm NOT wrong here....your ADS online and TV state $19.95 a year!!!! Thats what I paid and thats what I should get!!!
Ronald: I believe that I have already provided you all the information needed; I would like to ask permission to end this conversation with you. Thank you.

Seconds later:
Since we haven't heard from you, we must release this chat. Please click here should you need further assistance: www.magicJack.com/techchat
You are not currently in a chat session.

Its a typical move of bait and switch and false advertising AND RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2012 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MagicJack/internet/MagicJack-Magic-Jack-MajicJack-False-Advertising-and-HORRIBLE-customer-service-an-Internet-852639. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MagicJack