Complaint Review: MagicJack

• Submitted: Mon, June 11, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, June 11, 2012

• Reported By: Jimmyg2061 — Glen Ellyn Illinois United States of America

MagicJack Magicjack sold me an upgrade, but refused to transfer my previously bought year of service Internet, Internet

I ordered an upgrade to the new Magicjack plus system. I had previously had five years of service on my old device.
I had over a year left at time of order and charge.
I thought it was a good deal, upgrade my old device and get an additional free year of service.

Magicjack refuses to honor this. The customer service rep on chat said that the email I got said they would not do this.  She was wrong, it did not. The contract stated I would get the year free.

An upgrade is an upgrade.  If I would have had five years prepaid, I would have expected that with an upgrade the years would transfer.

And, because they said they would, it was part of the offer, I would get the additional year.

The supervisor finally wrote back and said, well, you have to have a minimum of a year left for us to transfer.

I gave her the dates of my order, which was definitely a year left, and that meant according to her own words, I was eligibe for the year.  She then terminated the chat.

I think it's time that if anyone would like to do a class action suit, I have the transcript to back this up. I see even today that I'm not the first one, and this is a new offer, so I would assume that if this is their policy, then there will be lots of cases to take on, a good payoff for the lawyers.  I just want my year back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2012 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MagicJack/internet/MagicJack-Magicjack-sold-me-an-upgrade-but-refused-to-transfer-my-previously-bought-year-896064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MagicJack