Complaint Review: MagicJack

• Submitted: Mon, April 15, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: Helen — Ronald Washington

MagicJack No more free calls Internet

Be aware their claim of "free calls" is false and no longer true. I've been a loyal MagicJack customer for years, warts and all. It has saved me money as I telecommute, have lots of conference calls, and it allows me to keep the smallest minutes available for my cell phone. I just tried to call a local business and was told that I need to go to MagicJack.com/prepaid and buy

prepaid minutes to continue the call. After hours of frustration on their customer "servicer" chat, it seems that the "Free Calls to US and Canada" is not longer true.

As of two days ago most of my call need to be prepaid with more money due to a policy that demands I pay for "conference calls, platforms and this number." Turns out that a third of my contacts now fall under these categories. Since I bought MagicJack and have used their service for what they promised I asked for a prorated refund, as they are now not delivering what I paid for. Of course, all the representatives said, "No" when they didnt' just disconnect.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MagicJack/internet/MagicJack-No-more-free-calls-Internet-1043393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MagicJack