Complaint Review: MagicJack

• Updated: Sun, February 22, 2009

• Reported By:Hollister California
MagicJack
http://www.magicjack.com Internet U.S.A.

MagicJack Said they would let you try their MagicJack FREE for 30 days, but charged me immediately Www.magicjack.com Internet Palm Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: Think carefully before you sign up for MagicJack. There is no Uninstaller program.

*Consumer Comment: Do not sign up for MagicJack. Deceptive advertising on billing.

I saw this ad on TV saying that you could try their product for 30 days and pay nothing until it was done. Not even shipping. So I thought about it for a day or so. Then I went online to order and it still said it was FREE that I would not be charged.

I do not own a credit card so I used my debit card on their website. They charged me immediately, 2 separate charges. $1 and $46, I had very little money in the bank so it overdrew my account. I didn't want that, it said all over the site that it was totally FREE for 30 days. Billing would be at the end.

MagicJack customer service said they were not to blame cause it had a note saying you would be charged immediately, but I thought that it was just a note warning that they would check your card. Plus they said repeatedly that it was FREE for 30 days. They said it wasnt misleading, told me I needed to calm down and they were right.

I say this, it is misleading. They take debit cards and say it is FREE, they need to change that shady advertising.

Stardutchess
Hollister, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2009 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MagicJack/internet/MagicJack-Said-they-would-let-you-try-their-MagicJack-FREE-for-30-days-but-charged-me-imm-427142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MagicJack

AUTHOR: Wilson - (U.S.A.)

Your Question
Will I be billed anything during the trial period?

Answer
You will not be billed during your trial period. You credit card secures the order and will be charged when the trial period is over.

MagicJack confirmed that there is currently no easy way to uninstall the software. The process required to uninstall the software requires multiple Windows Registry edits and the removal of several folders on the Windows system. - www.etech.eweek.com / Jim Rapoza

Once the MagicJack software has been successfully installed, nowhere on your computer will you find an uninstaller provided. You will not find it in Start>All Programs, nor under Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel. This is because an uninstaller does not exist.

Do not sign up for MagicJack. Deceptive advertising on billing.

AUTHOR: Wilson - (U.S.A.)

I pretended to sign up for MagicJack. I used a fake name and address. I did not complete the credit card information, but I was able to copy the text from their website which states you have 30 days to try out their service. I did not see any statements about being charged immediately.

Get your magicJack and one year of Free Local and Long Distance calls. In the unlikely event you didn't fall in Love with your magicJack, send it back (no questions asked) within 30 days and you owe nothing. There is NO RISK! We only bill you when and only when, you decide to keep your magicJack. Start saving right away!

magicJack
100% RISK FREE,
30 DAY FREE TRIAL
Get your magicJack and one year of Free Local and Long Distance Calls.

* On the 31st day you will be charged $39.95 plus $6.95 s&h