Complaint Review: MagicJack.Com - Ymax Communications - Donald A. Burns / Dan Borislow

• Submitted: Thu, July 03, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 03, 2008

• Reported By:Miami Beach Florida
MagicJack.Com - Ymax Communications - Donald A. Burns / Dan Borislow
830 Ocean Blvd. Palm Beach, Florida U.S.A.

MagicJack.Com - Ymax Communications - Donald A. Burns - Dan Borislow Magic Jack Fraud!!! Beware!!!! Palm Beach Florida

*Author of original report: Magic Jack is a rip-off

I was very excited to hear about MagicJack. It made sense to me and I thought it would be a great product to try-out. The pitch, which I had seen on an informercial, the caused me to order the thing was "you won't be charged a cent". In fact, "if you don't like the MagicJack you can send it back, risk-free and we'll even pay for the postage...".

Well, you can imagine my surprise when within 24 hours of ordering this product my credit card was in fact charged $46.90. First of all, even if I decided to keep the product, I was under the idea that it would be $19 per year! Not $46.90!

When I attempted to contact MagicJack.com I found out that they don't publish their physical address, there is no phone number available for them and they don't even have a way to send them an e-mail!

MagicJack is a owned by Ymax Communications and Ymax has the same philosophy with regard to their phone numbers, e-mail, etc. The founder of Ymax is Dan Borislow and the CEO is Donald A. Burns and unless I go walking up and down Ocean Blvd. in Palm Beach, Florida I doubt that I will get this resolved.

This is no way to business. At this point, I don't care whether the product works or not. I refuse to do business with shady, disingenious people and that's exactly what we have here.

Warning: Stay away from these people. They are shady and that's how they operate.

Magic jack victim
Miami Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2008 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MagicJackCom-Ymax-Communications-Donald-A-Burns-Dan-Borislow/Palm-Beach-Florida-33480/MagicJackCom-Ymax-Communications-Donald-A-Burns-Dan-Borislow-Magic-Jack-Fraud-347362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MagicJack.Com - Ymax Communications - Donald A. Burns / Dan Borislow

Magic Jack is a rip-off

AUTHOR: Magic jack victim - (U.S.A.)

I just checked my e-mail and have been informed that my "Magic Jack" that I was unlawfully charged for has been shipped! They even gave me a tracking number. When I checked with the USPS, using the tracking # that "they" gave me and learned that they had no such package or tracking information.

Rather than continuing to complain, I am going to file a complaint with the Office of the Attorney General and with the Department of Consumer Protection and I encourage everyone else to as well.

For your convenience, here are the links:

Federal Trade Commission:

Florida Attorney General:

or they can be reached at: Telephone (850) 414-3990

Together we can put a STOP to this fraud.