rank

• Updated: Mon, January 11, 2010

• Reported By:Arlington Texas
MagicJack.com
www.magicJack.com Internet U.S.A.

MagicJack.com, YMAX Corporation, MagicCrap!!! Get Crystal Clear Call Quality with no monthly bills!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Magicjack is not crap

* : fix static when you make calls...

I bought the magicJack at Radio Shack. Before buying it I asked the sales person if it really worked the way they said it did on TV. I was assured that it did. She told me that the calls were crystal clear and unlimited anywhere in the US and Canada. I decided to try it. I took it home and installed it on my computer. At first it worked just fine, then after a couple of months the calls started to get worse and worse. They were statickey and the voice was going in and out. It got so bad that you could not understand what the other person was saying.

Then it became harder and harder to place a call. You would get a dial tone and start dialing but the dial tone would just keep buzzing. The calls would not go through. You had to dial very slowly or the whole number would not appear on the soft phone screen and the call would not go through. I tried over and over to make calls but it would not work. I used the Tech Chat many times with many different people. Each time they had me to go through the same steps. The phone would work for one or two calls and it would start the same thing again. I was so fustrated that I disconnected from the last person (Rick) that I talked to. He was so rude it was incredible. I kept telling him that the steps that he was telling me to do I had already gone through many times with other people and it had not worked. He would not listen. He said that was the only way to eleminate the problem but that was not true. He said that I could either do it again or just not be helped with the problem. Well, now I am stuck with a piece of crap that does not work. What a waste of money!!!

Anonymous
Arlington, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2009 07:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MagicJackcom/internet/MagicJackcom-YMAX-Corporation-MagicCrap-Get-Crystal-Clear-Call-Quality-with-no-month-433257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MagicJack.com

Magicjack is not crap

AUTHOR: niaus - (USA)

Magicjack: they respond asap when you chat to them, and there is no problem so great to where one needs to hear from a person by voice. My only 2 issues were solved in seconds of chatting. They were: 1. i needed to get my code for the 5 year plan that i purchased. I provided the needed information, they provided me with the code, Solved. 2. I installed a new sound card and messed with some of the settings witch caused my magicjack to loose the ringtone. They walked me to the menu and select from the drop down volume/headset control and select telephone; Solved. If you are downloading while using the magicjack Yes you may get interference/bad transmission, could depend on your internet speed as well. I have 10 years in with Magicjack, no bills, no hassel, and the good part about it is while you all are ducking calls, and are paying for it monthly because your're so affraid to speak on a phone you pay out yur ass for, I just turn off my PC, or don't answer, then check messages either by email anywhere in the world, or the phone itself, No charges, no going over minutes, just clear feed between callers, and people i know love it. You idiots.

#2

fix static when you make calls...

AUTHOR: dimegirl - (USA)

If you are having voice quality issues all you need to do is buy a USB port with an adapter. It takes lots of energy from the computer to make a call so when you have a powered usb you don't have to worry about the computers usage. You can buy one for under 7 bucks at EFORCITY.com

This solution will solve your problem it did for me!