Complaint Review: MagicJack.com

• Submitted: Mon, September 17, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, September 17, 2012

• Reported By: youngfemale27 — Caseville Michigan United States of America
MagicJack.com

MagicJack.com magicjack, RIP OFFS!!!!!! I was told as advertised that the calling would be "UNLIMITED local and nationwide calling for 29.99 a year" well its not and they LIED and REFUSE to give me a refund or even Internet

Magic jack.com ripped me off. They are falsely advertising "unlimited local and nationwide calling for 29.99 a year" which is false information. They want you to prepay for certain calls which was not in the contract or anywhere in any agreement we made when I purchased this device. I can not find a number to reach a live operator to help me understand this better.

I was told that this was a "sudden and recent change" and there was no warning or email or advertisement about this. I am unable to call my son who lives just in Minnesota or my fiance's work number incase of an emergency without prepaying for that particular number and they want to charge me 25 cents per minute to call a number that is only 7 miles away.

They put a recorded message and it seems like nearly EVERY number I dial lately in a "platform number or conference line". How can a house number be a conference line or a platform line? I dont know and neither do they. They can not or will not tell you anything except a recorded message about prepaying for a conference line. They wont even tell you how to find out if it is a conference line or not.

They are  knowingly ripping people off with false advertisement and they refuse to refund your money when you finally figure it out. I believe a class action lawsuit for everyone they have ripped off needs to be done. Are there any attorneys in this forum that would be willing to take on magicjack.com for ripping off people knowingly? If so please step up....If we all had lots of money to go hire attorneys we wouldnt need magicjack.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2012 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MagicJackcom/internet/MagicJackcom-magicjack-RIP-OFFS-I-was-told-as-advertised-that-the-calling-would-b-942403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MagicJack.com