• Report: #120652

Complaint Review: Magical Memory Vacations,- A-1 Travel Reservations - SCD Marketing

• Submitted: Wed, December 01, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, December 13, 2004

• Reported By:Medford Wisconsin
Magical Memory Vacations,- A-1 Travel Reservations - SCD Marketing
PO Box 181456 Casselberry, Fl Casselberry, Florida U.S.A.

Magical Memory Vacations, A-1 Travel Reservations, SCD Marketing, Steve Dickerson RIPPED ME OFF! Rip-off! Casselberry, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Trying Understanding!

To be short and to the point, I purchased a Florida vacation package from Magical Memory vacations in september of 2003. I finally attempted to make my reservations for this vacation in August of 2004 and wanted the travel to take place in October of 2004. Magical memorys phone number of course was non existent and it was only through extensive research that I was able to find out that A-1 travel reservations had taken over the business formerly known as Magical memory vacations.

When i9 finally talked to A-1, they informed me that they would not be able to occomadate me at all. They also told me that they could not issue a refund. Basically I paid for this vacation but would not recieve ANY of the services that were promised to me due to either my income level, my single status, or the fact that I'd be traveling with my 7 year old son. Single males have to make $40,000.00 per year whereas single females only need to earn $20,000.00 per year. Sounds like horseshit to me but whatever.

I spoke with several people and they all played the blame game or were not much help at all. SCD Marketing which is the marketing arm of magical memory and is or was headed by a man named steve dickerson was one of the individuals blamed for this and according to one source should be prosecuted and jailed for stealing innocent consumers money.

There is much more to this but to make a long story short, I was charged $287.00 over a year ago and am still going through all of the bueracratic red tape bull associated with attempting to get a refund. There is also no guarantee that I'll recieve a refund. This depends on the available funds from the security that a seller of travel must pay. I WOULD NOT ADVISE PURCHASING ANYTHING FROM Magical Memory Vacations, A-1 Travel Reservations, or whatever name they choose to call themselves in the future

Anthony
Medford, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2004 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magical-Memory-Vacations-A-1-Travel-Reservations-SCD-Marketing/Casselberry-Florida-32707/Magical-Memory-Vacations-A-1-Travel-Reservations-SCD-Marketing-Steve-Dickerson-RIPPED-M-120652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magical Memory Vacations,- A-1 Travel Reservations - SCD Marketing

Trying Understanding!

AUTHOR: Barbara - (U.S.A.)

I work in the Compliance Department at A1 and I have some information to put out there. First of all if we were ripping consumers off we would not be available to answer questions or concerns. We would disconnect our phones and run and hide. People do not understand that we are a fulfillment company and we do not charge credit cards. We send them their vacation packages, their paid vacation packages. When they make changes or book around holiday time there is a charge for this. It is not free! Customers think because we are in business to make money that everything we do is ripping them off! Most retail stores mark up their prices, they make money. So what is the difference between a travel reservation company making money too. The difference is people don't understand what they are buying and then when they call in to book their vacations they freak out and think it's a rip-off. The only ripping off is these customers that trying to get their refunds from a company that never charged them in the first place.

When we give them the information we have on the several marketing companies we work with they say it's a scam! There is no scam! We travel over 10,000 customers a year and a good percent of them are happy and purchase property from the resorts.