Complaint Review: Magicjack

• Updated: Fri, April 20, 2012

• Reported By: Marjie — cALGARY Alberta Canada
Magicjack
PO BOX 6846 WEST PALM BEACH FLORIDA, Florida United States of America

Magicjack In march there was an info commercial advertising MagicJack for $9.97 per unit and I purchased $9.97. There was suppose to be no shipping. Magic JACK CHARGED ME $146.62 FOR TWO UNITS. i WROTE TO THE basically stole $146.62 less $20.00. They told me to send the product back, but I will not receive the money back. It is a fraudulent organization. David Gross from Florida is the sender.I am not alo WEST PALM BEACH FLORIDA, Florida

Magic Jack is a fraudulent organization.  A couple of years ago I asked for a free trial. They asked for my credit card in the event that I decided to keep the Magic Jack.  I sent it back but they did not give me a credit, but my credit card company reversed it.  I thought that this was not done on purpose but I decided that I would not pursue it. When I saw the info commercial I foolishly bought two and they were suppose to be $19.97 each.  Unfortunately, they charged me $146.67.  I would never pay this price willingly. I wrote Chat and the person who Chatted with me refused to believe that Magic Jack did any television advertising.  She kept on referring to my experience with MagicJack as being on the website.  Her name is Dory.  She then said that she would be referring me to a supervisor and gave me their number to refer to and she said the supervisor would be chatting in a moment. But she did not come on. I asked for the supervisor to intervene, but Dory then decided that this would not happen and although I was polite and respectful she just did not want to talk to me and would not have the supervisor chat with me either.  She terminated the call.  I noted that there has been 390 complaints.  There has likely been more then 390 dis-satisfied customers.  i hope that I will be successful in getting back my money. What a hassle.  I really should have known better.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2012 02:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magicjack/WEST-PALM-BEACH-FLORIDA-Florida-33405/Magicjack-In-march-there-was-an-info-commercial-advertising-MagicJack-for-997-per-unit-a-871182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magicjack