Complaint Review: Magicjack

• Updated: Sun, June 02, 2013

• Reported By: Lori — Abilene Texas
5700 Georgia Ave. West Palm Beach, Florida USA

Magicjack Corporation False/Misleading advertising West Palm Beach Florida

Magicjack Corporation continues to advertise magicjack Plus for $29.95 per year following a 30-day free trial.

The day after I  ordered magicjack plus from their website, the company sneaked a charge of nearly $5.00 on my credit card. In the past week, they have attempted to charge my credit card nearly $70.00. Thankfully, my card is maxed out.

I tried to rectify the discrepancy by chatting with their online agents only to be told the charges stand. They tell me the device is $49.95, plus I owe them shipping and handling, and federal and state taxes.

I offered to pay the $29.95 plus applicable tax and was refused. I asked for a shipping label to return the device and was ignored. I finally told them we had a choice: Either I am alloweed to return the device at no charge or I could send a copy of the chat transcript to my lawyers. The agent terminated the conversation.

Read the Terms of Service, Section 9. It clearly states there is no fee for the device or the app. Nowhere on the website or in the fine print is there a mention of aadditional fees.

My credit card compay cannot block magicjack. They had to cancel my card and issue me a new card, which I will have to wait a week or more to receive. I have forwarded a copy of the chat transcript to my lawyers at Lemberg and Associates. I also provided them with the website and directed them to Section 9 of the Terms of Service.

Keep complaining. Keep reporting. Warn your friends. Eventually, these tactics will catch up with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2013 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magicjack/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33405/Magicjack-Corporation-FalseMisleading-advertising-West-Palm-Beach-Florida-1055787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magicjack