Complaint Review: Magicjack

• Submitted: Wed, July 04, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, July 04, 2012

• Reported By: Howard — Mustang Oklahoma United States of America

Magicjack Fraud, breach of contract Internet

On November 4th 2010, I renewed my service with Magicjack for a 5 year period.  Magicjack admits this and confirms I have service until November 4th 2015.  However, on July 4th 2012 it stopped working, when I try to dial out it says my number has expired.  In chat, they claim that yes, my service is valid but my number isn't.  I have a choice of paying $10/year to keep my phone number, or pay $10 to change to a different phone number.  I asked them to clarify exactly what they are saying, are they saying that I do in fact have service until November 4th 2015 but refuse to provide said service (which we both agree is paid for) unless I give them more money, they said this is correct.  When I asked for a refund considering they just admitted they will not provide the service, they refused to refund the money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2012 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magicjack/internet/Magicjack-Fraud-breach-of-contract-Internet-906844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magicjack