Complaint Review: Magicjack

• Submitted: Wed, February 13, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By: dario25 — Brookline Massachusetts United States of America
Magicjack

Magicjack My 5 year prepayment is useless after upgrade, they will not fix it or refund my money Internet

I bought a Magicjack device and prepaid for 5 years service.   A while after, I received an email from them offering to upgrade to the new magicjack plus.   I paid for the new device and everything was fine for the next year.   Then the service suddenly stopped working even though I still have two more years left on what I prepaid.  I was in several chats with them, the first person did nothing.  The second told me that he would take care of the problem within the next couple of days.  Nothing happened.  The third one was really rude and told me that somehow the subscription did not switch and that they don't give any refunds.    Then she terminated the chat session and cut me off.   So now I am stuck with a service for two more years which does not work and is basically useless, and they refuse to give any kind of refund for the unused service too. Terrible customer service, stay away from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2013 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magicjack/internet/Magicjack-My-5-year-prepayment-is-useless-after-upgrade-they-will-not-fix-it-or-refund-m-1013701. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magicjack