Complaint Review: Magicjack

• Updated: Sat, August 10, 2013

• Reported By: Jimbob — Redlands California
Magicjack
west palm beach, Florida USA

Magicjack cancelled 5 yr subscription-wants me to rebuy for $20. more. left 1 &1/2 years service on returned item so I cannot use it. terminated "chat" with nothing resolved. west palm beach Florida

A short time ago, I bought a 2014 MagicJack Plus device to teplace the one I had been using for almost 5 years. While trying to setup the voicemail, It developed a problem so that there was no dial tone and could not do anything in spite of several hours on "chat". I had service paid through 2/18/2020 including a rcent 5 year addition. I had an older MJ+ that had never been activated so I hooked that up. I don't think that I was given the option of transferring time. After more hours of "chat", They canceled the five year addition that I had recently bought at &79.95, and suggested that I rebuy that time at $99.75. The other 1 & 1/2 years is still showing for a device that I no longer have. That is an additional $45 worth of service that I cannot use. They did the cancellation etc. in spite of my insistance that I did not want to do that. Very arrogant -refused to give me any information for contacting company. The original MJ worked well, but the new stuff seems to be much less serviceable, and they don't seem to care. I am tempted to buy one share of stock so that I could bring this stuff up at the stockholders meetings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2013 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magicjack/west-palm-beach-Florida/Magicjack-cancelled-5-yr-subscription-wants-me-to-rebuy-for-20-more-left-1-12-years-1074686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magicjack