Complaint Review: Mags R Us, AM Press Associates

• Submitted: Fri, January 27, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, February 20, 2006

• Reported By:Alexandria Kentucky
Mags R Us, AM Press Associates
P.O. Box 226860 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Mags R Us, AM Press Associates ripoff Miami Florida

*Author of original report: Mags R Us/AM Press Associates Miami Florida

We were ripped when 2 guys came to our house selling magazines door to door.They were from Mags R Us/AM Press Associates out of Miami Florida. After careful consideration we purchased two magazines. They were Christmas gifts for our 2 teenage sons.

My husband and I started to get worried when after 3 months we still had not received any magazines. We also ordered a coupon book to get $1000 worth of grocery coupons, only to find out that when we went to redeem them online that they had expired and if we still wanted the membership it would cost us $99 for a 1 year membership.

In total we were ripped off for about $110. I wish I would have known about the company before we bought the magazines. I hope we can keep someone else from being ripped off also. And by the way they handed us a line about opening a restaurant in our area and this was helping them put themselves through business college. DON'T FALL FOR THIS LIKE WE DID!!!!!

Julie
Alexandria, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2006 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mags-R-Us-AM-Press-Associates/Miami-Florida-33172/Mags-R-Us-AM-Press-Associates-ripoff-Miami-Florida-173565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mags R Us, AM Press Associates

Mags R Us/AM Press Associates Miami Florida

AUTHOR: Julie - (U.S.A.)

We finally received the magazines that we ordered, I guess I should consider myself one of the lucky ones who actually got the magazines. It did take over 4 monthes from the time that we placed the order. The least the company could do is try to send them out alittle sooner. Best of luck to anyone else who orders from this company. I think if you want a magazine you should just go to the store and buy it yourself and send in the order card from inside. I've never received a magazine that wasn't full of order forms. I learned my lesson.