Complaint Review: Mags R Us Dba AM Press Associates

• Submitted: Mon, January 17, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, January 17, 2005

• Reported By:Lebanon Tennessee
Mags R Us Dba AM Press Associates
P.O. Box 226860 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

MAGS R US Dba AM PRESS ASSOCIATES Ripped me off and I'm disabled and living on fixed income Ripoff Miami Florida

I was unpacking after moving into my new handicap apartment when someone knocked at the door. I was very careful since it was a new neighborhood but the young man (JP) looked very nice so I opened the door. I thought it was for the previous owners but he told me his story of how he was trying to raise money for college. I sympathized with him because my daughter was also starting college and I knew money was tight. I explained I was disabled and we lived on only $1000.00 a month but would try to help. He did have some magazines I liked and my daughter could use. He said the procedure was to give him half the cost of the magazines up front and then mail the other half in to AM Press Assoc dba Mags R Us within 10 days so they could ship my magazines. It sounded "legit" the way he explained it but now that I think about it I was stupid.

I guess that is how they stay in business. They find the older people or the disabled on medication and take advantage of them. They Got $144.91 out of me and I guess it's just gone. Maybe someone else will read this and not buy from them. If I can STOP one or two people it will be worth what I lost. I guess noone will ever put them out of business but I don't understand why they are allowed to conducted business this way.

What's even funnier, the young man said he was studying to be a chef and was going to open a pasta restaurant in the area. I made him write on the back of the receipts that he would give me 2 free meals from JP's Pasta Palace when it opens. Like it ever will.

Donna
Lebanon, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2005 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mags-R-Us-Dba-AM-Press-Associates/Miami-Florida-33172/MAGS-R-US-Dba-AM-PRESS-ASSOCIATES-Ripped-me-off-and-Im-disabled-and-living-on-fixed-incom-127757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mags R Us Dba AM Press Associates