swift

• Submitted: Sat, December 09, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, December 09, 2006

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
Mags R Us Or AM Press Assoc
PO Box 226860 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Mags R Us Or AM Press Assoc Total Scam Miami Florida

A couple of months ago, a young guy came to our door stating he was selling magazines to raise money to buy his own Taxi and Limo service.

I was suspicous, but my roommate agreed to buying a few magazines, so I agreed to renew one. I wrote him a check for the usual cost of renewal.

He said to activate, all we needed to do was mail in the receipt he wrote for us.

We procrastinated, but I eventually mailed them in. Today I received a postcard asking me for an additional $12! Which is the usual subscription cost of this magazine.
When I Googled Mags R Us, this is the first site that came up. The one that appears to be thier own site isn't working...big suprise. I called the 866 number I found on this site, and left a very angry message. I intend to leave more, and encourage you to do the same. Needless to say, I won't be paying them the "balance."
If anyone knows of a criminal investigation of this company, I would love to contribute!

Never again will I give money to door-to-door salesmen!

Melissa
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2006 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mags-R-Us-Or-AM-Press-Assoc/Miami-Florida-33172/Mags-R-Us-Or-AM-Press-Assoc-Total-Scam-Miami-Florida-224476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mags R Us Or AM Press Assoc