- Report: #669952
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Mail Chimp
Mail Chimp512 Means Street, Suite 404 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America
Mail Chimp The Rocket Science Group overcharges clients and requires outrageous terms & conditions. Atlanta, Georgia
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
- Regardless of when you sign up for an account, you will likely be charged for a full month of services that month. (Example: you sign up for a $150/month plan on the last day of the month, you will be charged $150 for that month. Even if you don't send out ANY emails.)
- By signing up for the service, you are agreeing to Mail Chimp's terms and conditions which currently include the following:
* If you send any emails to anyone who has not consented to receiving email from you (even if it's an accident), Mail Chimp can charge you liquidated damages in the amount of five times their annual fee, at your monthly rate. (Example: if you have a $150/month plan, they can charge you $150x12x5 = $9,000.) You have agreed to this, in writing, if you utilize Mail Chimp services.
* If you accidentally link to one of your images on Mail Chimp's servers (outside of an email distributed via Mail Chimp), you have consented to be charged four times the annual fee, at your monthly rate. ($7,200 if you have a $150/month plan.)
There is much more to Mail Chimp's terms and conditions, but the above heavy-handed policies should certainly be taken into consideration when choosing an email service provider.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2010 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mail-Chimp/Atlanta-Georgia-30318/Mail-Chimp-The-Rocket-Science-Group-overcharges-clients-and-requires-outrageous-terms-co-669952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.