Complaint Review: Mailbox Forwarding, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, December 09, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, December 09, 2013

• Reported By: Private — Alabama
Mailbox Forwarding, Inc.
2885 Sanford Ave SW # 101 Grandville, Michigan USA

Mailbox Forwarding, Inc. Mailbox Forwarding Failed to Disclose additional requirements to use their service Grandville Michigan

I signed up for mail forwarding from mailboxforwarding.com and after paying, they informed me I would have to fill out this government form before I could use their service.

Upon reading the form, I found at that in order to have mail forwarded to my home, I would have to provide the following:

"Two types of identification are required. One must contain a photograph of the addressee(s). Social Security cards, credit cards, and birth certificates are unacceptable as identification. The agent must write in identifying
information. Subject to verification".

There's lots of people who don't have 2 forms of government ID.  I didn't need to give anyone my drivers license to get mail delivered at my home and I'm not going to jump through these type of hoops to use a mail forwarding service.

Had I know about these additional requirements I would have never signed up and I think it was deceptive of them not to disclose this BEFORE I signed up.

They do not have phone support and when you call the number listed at the BBB, 877-335-6245, you only get a recording telling you to visit their online support, which by the way says in can take 2 business days to get a reply.

I have filed a support ticket and advised them I want a refund.  If they refuse, BBB complaints will be filed and a complaint the the Michigan Attorney General's office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mailbox-Forwarding-Inc/Grandville-Michigan/Mailbox-Forwarding-Inc-Mailbox-Forwarding-Failed-to-Disclose-additional-requirements-to-1105525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mailbox Forwarding, Inc.