- Report: #497181
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Majic Jack and Best Buy
Majic Jack and Best Buywww.bestbuy.com Internet United States of America
Majic Jack and Best Buy Best Buy sells Magic Jack in towns they know aren't supported by Magic Jack! Internet
* : This is more Magic jacks fault
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I just purchased a Magic Jack in Enfield CT from Best Buy. Unknown to me, and NOT told to me by Best Buy, is that Magic Jack does not support the 860 area code. The town I live in (Enfield CT) and the Best Buy that sold the device are both in the 860 area code!
1) How can Magic Jack sell devices in an area where that area code is not supported?
2) How can Best Buy sell this device in stores where it KNOWS that the area code is not supported and not tell the consumer?
I'll be returning the Magic Jack tomorrow and filing a formal complaint with Best Buy.
Here's a snippet from my "chat" with Magic Jack where they tell me they are negotiating with the "government" to release access to area code 860 ...
Jim: so when will 860 area code be available?
Yvonne: Unfortunately I can't offer a time frame as to when it will be available but rest assured that our engineers are already working to have more area codes and prefixes in our system.
Yvonne: Actually we already have the area code but our management and the government are still on the negotiation process for us to release it. So basically we can't release it without the government's permissoin
Jim: specifically which branch of government? The state of CT? The town of Enfield? The US gov't?
Yvonne: Your local government.
....interesting to say the least.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2009 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Majic-Jack-and-Best-Buy/internet/Majic-Jack-and-Best-Buy-Best-Buy-sells-Magic-Jack-in-towns-they-know-arent-supported-by-497181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.