Complaint Review: Majic Jack

• Updated: Mon, November 01, 2010

• Reported By: BrandySpice — Ontario Canada
Majic Jack

Majic Jack Online Customer Care Canada Phone # Internet

MAGIC JACK SCAM! NO CANADA PHONE NUMBER!

Before I renewed my subsciption, I had been asking many different online customer cares during that week regarding a Canada phone number.   The one I am having now is USA number.  All of them told me that you have to renew the subcription first and then add $10 to change to a Canada number.  I finally renewed it and for 5 years, mainly because of the Canada #.  I am living in Canada and it will be more convinient / economy for my family and friends in Canada to call me.  Previously, Magic Jack only had US numbers and I had it for 2 years.  My usage was very low cause no family and friends in Canada wanted to pay a long distance fee to call me.  They rather call my canada cell.

After I paid for the renewal, I found that there was no CANADA phone # avaliable to choose. (ie none of the area code/prefix has # available, which means no numbers available for the whole Canada)  I then asked a online Customer Care, she said their engineers are working on the Canada phone #, there will be more in future.    I then asked her do u know when will the numbers available, she said NO.  So I asked her for a refund, she said my account has been activated, under their policy, I can't have my refund eventhough there is no Canada # to choose from.

It's a Scam to ask people, especially Canadians to subscibe Magic Jack for the purpose of having a Canada phone#. They have no Canada # available to choose from and they don't provide REFUND!

Inadditional, poor knowledge of online customer cares:-

1) the $10 is only for a # change.  And if u want to have a Canada phone #, you will have to pay an additional $10 every year.  They should knows it, but none of them mentioned it.

2) None of them had checked whether the Canada # is still available before replying me.  They all just asked me to renew and pay.  Magic Jack management should tell them to check or inform them when the numbers are ran out.

Good Luck if you want to use Magic Jack with a Canada #!

(more exactly $10/per year)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2010 10:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Majic-Jack/internet/Majic-Jack-Online-Customer-Care-Canada-Phone-Internet-657517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Majic Jack