Complaint Review: MajicJack

• Submitted: Thu, September 11, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 21, 2008

• Reported By:Canton Ohio
MajicJack
PO Box 6846 West Palm Beach, Florida U.S.A.

MajicJack Majic Jack- Not a Free Trial at all! West Palm Beach Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: You simply return the phone!!!

My husband ordered the majicJack on the internet.

He thought it was a Free Trial offer for 30 days. Guess what! It is most definitely not a Free Trial.

The next morning there appeared on our credit card online statement charges for $1.00 and for $46.90.
I contacted the company by Live Chat and was told it would be cancelled and I would receive a cancellation email ASAP. I waited about one half hour without a response from the company.

I then contacted them again via Live Chat and was told the first representative was in error to state the order was cancelled and my credit card would be credited because "the device" had already been shipped!

I was then transferred to a higher level of support-Minerva was her name and she informed me since "the device" was shipped I would have to return it at my expense for the $ amount to be placed back into my account. She stated the amount of $46.90 was being held-not charged-but would have been charged after the 30 day FREE Trial period.

I asked for assurance that I would not receive the same treatment when I do return "the device" and that it would be a simple correction on my credit card. Minerva's response to that was that she was only a senior account representative and could only tell me what I needed to know to get my money back.

This is definitely a company that uses misrepresentation and does not have good customer service.

Beware and avoid the "Free Trial" of the majicJack because it is definitely not Free!!!

Debbie
Canton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2008 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MajicJack/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33405/MajicJack-Majic-Jack-Not-a-Free-Trial-at-all-West-Palm-Beach-Florida-372132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MajicJack

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You simply return the phone!!!

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

Of course they charge you for it--return it--get a refund!!